BIDEN’S AMERICAN JOBS PLAN APPROVAL SOARS WHEN TIED WITH MAKING CORPORATIONS PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE
New polls from ABC/Washington Post and Fox News show that support for making the wealthy and corporations pay their fair share, including by raising the corporate tax rate, continues to have strong support from the public.
“For far too long big corporations have rigged our tax code with loopholes to escape paying their fair share of taxes, while average Americans and small businesses pick up the tab. While corporate America has been making record profits, 55 corporations paid nothing in taxes last year and 1,500 paid an effective tax rate of under 8% in 2018. Now they are whining that a 28% corporate tax rate is too high. That’s not what the public believes,” stated Frank Clemente, Executive Director of Americans for Tax Fairness.
FOX NEWS: (April 18-21, 2021 national sample of 1,002 registered voters, Q. 35-37))
- Increasing tax rates only on families earning over 400,000 dollars a year? 63% Favor, 33% Oppose
- Increasing tax rates on businesses and corporations? 56% Favor, 39% Oppose
ABC/Washington Post: (April 18-21, 2021 national sample of 1,007 adults, Q. 7)
- The top tax rate on corporate profits used to be 35 percent, then was cut to 21 percent. Would you support or oppose raising the corporate tax rate to 28 percent? 58% Support, 36% Oppose
Monmouth University Poll: (April 8 to 12, 2021 with 800 adults, Q. 14 & 15)
- Do you support or oppose paying for these plans by raising taxes on corporations? 64% Support, 34% Oppose
- Do you support or oppose paying for these plans by raising taxes on wealthy individuals making more than $400,000? 65% Support, 33% Oppose
“These two new polls show us what poll, after poll, after poll has been saying since President Biden released the American Jobs Plan and Made in America Tax Plan: raising the corporate tax rate and making the wealthy pay their fair share is what Americans across the country and political spectrum want to see,” added Clemente. “Democrats and Republicans in Congress need to listen to their constituents and pass these two plans right away.”
For more polls click here.