Americans for Tax Fairness, a national coalition of national and state organizations active on high-profile federal tax reform issues, is seeking a Field Director to mobilize coalition and grassroots support in favor of the Biden tax and investment plans. Candidates should have at least seven years of experience as a director or leader in issue advocacy and/or political campaigns and significant coalition-building experience and field mobilization experience. This is a senior, full-time exempt temporary position, which may become permanent, that reports to the Executive Director. It is preferred that the position be located in Washington, D.C. The salary is $100,000 to $120,000, depending on experience, with a competitive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Americans for Tax Fairness
- Manage implementation of an overall coalition and field strategy in support of President Biden’s historic tax reform agenda that is designed to fund his bold investment agenda.
- Motivate and coordinate national coalition partners with state affiliates to maximize their support for the effort and how ATF can support them to integrate a tax fairness agenda into their activities.
- Initiate and coordinate work with groups in target states to conduct public education, lobbying, trainings, earned media events and social media strategies.
- Coordinate a weekly Field Committee meeting, setting agendas, and maintaining an overall workplan for staff and consultants.
- Draft strategy and field mobilization materials. Advise in the drafting of public education and communications materials.
- Work with ATF’s legislative and policy director to implement a lobbying strategy targeting members of Congress.
- Work with ATF’s communications team on earned media and digital media strategies, including email activities and social media.
- Work with ATF’s research and policy team to identify and craft products that will be useful for motivating coalition and field partners and educating the public.
- Maintain detailed records of contacts and assignments agreed to by allies.
Additionally, the person holding this position may also work part-time for a coordinated project, Americans for Tax Fairness Action Fund, in the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4) organization, under a resource sharing agreement between the New Venture Fund and Sixteen Thirty Fund. The responsibilities under that position will be overseen by Sixteen Thirty Fund.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of seven years of combined employment in an advocacy organization; political or field departments; and/or in federal or state candidate campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to be a leader, develop strategy, support state-based organizations and motivate coalition partners.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate field mobilization work and communications work, ideally both legacy communications and digital communications.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under a fast-paced campaign environment and manage multiple priorities and projects effectively.
- Good writing and editing skills for preparing field mobilization materials, campaign plans, project reports, ensuring messaging and public education materials are appropriate for the field.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Considerable experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google docs.
ANNUAL SALARY: Up to $120,000 depending on experience, with generous healthcare benefits, cell phone reimbursement and up to a 3% match on 401(k) contributions.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Subject line: Field Director
Americans for Tax Fairness is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.