Americans for Tax Fairness, a national coalition of 425 endorsing organizations active on high-profile federal tax reform issues at the national and state levels, is seeking a Program Associate to manage office administration and provide support for policy and communications work. This is a full-time non-exempt position located in Washington, D.C. that provides a competitive salary and benefits. The Program Associate reports to the Executive Director. The ATF coalition consists of unions, think tanks, national and state advocacy networks and diverse constituency groups. ATF has come together based on the belief that the country needs comprehensive, progressive tax reform that results in greater revenue, especially from the richest Americans and big corporations, to meet our growing needs and to ensure that our economy works for everyone.
- Office Management: Maintain a well-functioning and organized office; provide support to the executive director to ensure the smooth functioning of the ATF coalition; assist with resolving technology-related issues for senior staff; assist in preparing and formatting high quality professional materials for grant applications and meetings; maintain all electronic data and listservs; file credit card receipts and reimbursements.
- Communications: Assist the communications director and the digital director with a legacy media and digital communications program, including preparing daily press clips, blog posts and shareable graphics.
- Research and policy analysis: Rapidly respond to breaking news on tax issues; keep abreast of new research and policy developments; assist with drafting fact sheets, reports and blog posts.
- Other duties as assigned by the executive director or other staff.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 1-2 years of similar experience through employment and/or internships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
- Proficiency with G Suite, specifically Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Forms
- Experience with social media, especially Twitter and Facebook
- Good research, writing, and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Individuals should be self-motivated and organized
- Strong interest in progressive politics
ANNUAL SALARY: $35,000 to $40,000 depending on experience, with generous healthcare benefits, cell phone reimbursement and up to a 3% match on 401(k) contributions.
On an ongoing basis submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Program Associate Job
Americans for Tax Fairness is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.